Re: matching conditions in PDE

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42191] Re: [mg42155] matching conditions in PDE
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:57:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Vladimir,

The PDE-solving capabilities of NDSolve leave much to be desired (to
say the least). My guess is that your only hope is to formulate your
problem on a single region with piecewise-defined parameters in such a
way that the interface conditions are naturally satisfied. Even if
that's possible, you'll likely get better results --- and avoid a lot
of headaches -- if you write your own solver.

-----
Selwyn Hollis
http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis