DeleteCases

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42224] DeleteCases
  • From: "Shawn Kelly" <kellysm at ornl.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:27:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have twos lists I want to compare with one another and delete the cases
where the elements in list1 match list2.  For example:

list1={21,41,61,71,81}
list2={71,73,75,77,79,81}

I want the new list3 to read:
list3={21,41,61}

It seems to me that the following should work:
list3=DeleteCases[list1,list2]

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Shawn