Re: Transfering Packages Between Platforms and InputForm Conversions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42279] Re: [mg42249] Transfering Packages Between Platforms and InputForm Conversions
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:36:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Just some observations from my experience. (But I'm a Mac user, so...)

Packages need to good-old plain text---without the escape-character
soup that Mathematica often generates. So here's what I do: When ready
to create a package from working code, I (1) convert everything to
InputForm, (2) copy that into a plain text editor, and (3) edit that
until line breaks are where I want them, etc. I save that as a .m file,
and then resume work on it in Mathematica.

Works for me...

-----
Selwyn Hollis
http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis