Mathematica fonts are not properly installed version=2.55

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42313] Mathematica fonts are not properly installed version=2.55
  • From: ha_hegab at hotmail.com (Hatim Hegab)
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:21:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I have tried to install mathematica 4.0 on my RedHAT 7.3 Linux (I also
have 8.0 and 9.0, but I was advised to use 7.3) but I was faced with
the an error message that says that my fonts are not properly
installed! I am not sure if I can deal with this problem, any help
will be appreciated.

Also, when I ignored these errors, I could get a notebook and I tried
mathematica as a calculator to see if it will work, it did (with some
peeps) but both my delete and backspace buttons do not work. They work
as a space bar! I can't delete any letter I may type by mistake, what
should I do?

PS.
I made a search over the whole internet and could not find a solution.
Please help me.

Hatim