Help with FindRoot

Dear friend,

I've problem with FindRoot[lhs==rhs, {x, x0}] .
The description of the function in Help suggest that,
if lhs and rhs are real then x will be real;
if lhs and/or rhs are complex the x likely will be complex;
if lhs and rhs are real but you want also x be complex then you
need to add "+0.I" to lhs or rhs.
My problem is that lhs is complex, rhs is real and I want only real
solutions for x.
How can I do it? How say to Mathematica to look for only real solution?

Thanks

This email has been scanned by RAV antivirus on server dsfa.fisica.unipa.it