Re: type casting

You can do lots of useful things with ToExpression, which takes any string
and converts it into the corresponding Mathematica expression. For instance.
ToExpression["1.23"] will return the real number 1.23, and
ToExpression["2/7"] will return the rational number 2/7, and so on. You can
then manipulate and output these expressions in any way that you please.

--
Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:b49nga$fef$1 at smc.vnet.net...