Re: debug compiled function

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg39905] Re: [mg39735] debug compiled function
  • From: "Y.A.Tesiram" <yas at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 02:36:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

There is no easy way to debug a compiled function. And the messages are
almost worthless.
I normally comment out say a major portion of the code and then I proceed
by uncommenting major steps in the algorithm, step by step, until the
error is thrown. You can narrow things down pretty quickly in this
fashion provided your code isn't hundreds and hundreds of lines long.

All the best.