Linux - Large memory systems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39970] Linux - Large memory systems
  • From: Edward J Grace <ej.grace at imperial.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:03:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear all,

I am interested in using Mathematica on a high spec PC running Linux.  In
particular I would like to know if it is possible for Mathematica to access
>2GB of memory, since I understand there is a 2GB per process limitation.

If this is not possible directly would it be possible to use gridMathematica
either over a cluster or on a single machine with multi-processors and a
lot of RAM?  Otherwise would switching architecture to Sun Sparc or a
similar 64bit architecture help?

Many thanks in advance,

Edward Grace