Re: Calling Install[] from packages

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg39963] Re: [mg39929] Calling Install[] from packages
  • From: "Y.A.Tesiram" <yas at>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:02:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You could use Links[] to show you a list of all LinkObjects. Then run a
test to see if your session is running. You could use something like,

runAtest = StringMatchQ[Links[][[#]]//ToString,

If there is a match in runATest, there will be a True returned. You can
use this condition to skip the installation step. If there are no True's
then run Install["theprogram"]