Re: This should evaluate to zero
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg40009] Re: This should evaluate to zero
- From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 04:47:51 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 3/13/03 at 3:06 AM, atelesforos at hotmail.com (Orestis Vantzos) wrote: >Actually, ArcSinh is equal to Log[1+Sqrt] Orestis In:= Exp[Log[3363+2378*Sqrt]/10]-Exp[- Log[3363+2378*Sqrt]/10]//PowerExpand//FullSimplify Out= 2 So, the original poster's expectation for ArcSinh-Log[3363+2378*Sqrt]/10 to simplify to zero is not unreasonable. I assume the reason FullSimplify did not reduce this expression to zero is there aren't rules built in to relate ArcSinh to expressions with Log.