RE: FindRoot problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg40043] RE: [mg40032] FindRoot problem
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:33:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I think that RootSearch is just a more robust algorithm that FindRoot, which
is probably pretty old code. There have been a number of postings to
MathGroup about FindRoot where RootSearch solved the problem. People should
be aware of it and WRI might even consider including it in the standard

David Park
djmp at

From: Pigeon, Robert [mailto:Robert.Pigeon at]
To: mathgroup at

Thanks David,
	It works!  But, I would like to understand why Mathematica's
FindRoot is not working when the function has conditions!
BTW, my real equation had, as second condition, x<= 1.535, and when I
applied RootSearch with 1.54 as upper limit, it finds just the first root
(1.4811).  So the conditions apply with the search!  That is great !