Cell grouping rules

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg40164] Cell grouping rules
  • From: Oliver Friedrich <oliver.friedrich at>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 03:01:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a cell containing an expression. Evaluating this produces some
graphical output for an animation. After evaluation my cell grouping is
(expression,graphic,graphic,...). But I want to have it like (expression)
(graphic,graphic,...). So the expression and the output are not grouped
I found out, that there are options dealing with grouping cells, but how is
it working exactly. There's an option called "CellGroupingRules" which
points to something like a style ("GraphicsGrouping,...). Where are these
styles defined and how can I define my own ones.

Thank you

Oliver Friedrich