a little more complex list operation

Thanks very much for all the previous replies.  Another simple question -
though I guess this will require more complex syntax.  Suppose I have the
list,

data = {{x1,y1},{x2,y2},{x3,y3}}

and I want to produce the result (for fitting/plotting)

data2 = {{f[x1],g[y1]},{f[x2],g[y2]},{f[x3],g[y3]}}

I assume that if there was only one transform I wanted to apply, f[x],
then I could say
	data2 = f[data]
but how about this more complicated transform with functions f and g?

again thanks!  Your replies have been very helpful!

Nathan Moore, University of Minnesota Physics