Re: How change $AddOnsDirectory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41138] Re: [mg41128] How change $AddOnsDirectory
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murraye at attbi.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 02:42:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

No, that doesn't seem to work.  I'm Administrator, and so I edited

   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Mathematica\FrontEnd\init.m

so that instead of beginning

SetOptions[$FrontEnd,
NotebookDirectory:> ....

it now began with:

SetOptions[$FrontEnd,
$AddOnsDirectory -> "D:\\Math\\AddOnsMma",
NotebookDirectory:> ....

This had no effect on the setting for $AddOnsDirectory!  When I
restarted Mathematica, I had the same old value:

    $AddOnsDirectory
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Mathematica

And Mathematica rewrote the init.m to move the inserted expression
$AddOnsDirectory -> "D:\\Math\\AddOnsMma" to the end of the file:

PrivateNotebookOptions->{"DoubleBuffer"->True},
SpellingDictionaries->{"CorrectWords"->{"Eisenberg", "Amherst", "umass"}},
$AddOnsDirectory -> "D:\\Math\\AddOnsMma"
]

But still no change in what Mathematica thinks the value of
$AddOnsDirectory is!

So I ask my original question again.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.