Re: Writing Applications for Mac OS X

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41166] Re: Writing Applications for Mac OS X
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 06:00:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <b8o1d1$ovs$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Y.A.Tesiram" <yas at pcomm.hfi.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> Incidently, some of what I have said above may be different for
> Mathematica version 4.2. In 4.2 AddOns can be installed in
>
> ~/Library/Mathematica/Applications
>
> or in
>
> /Applications/Mathematica/AddOns

or in $UserAddOnsDirectory (new in 4.2), which is often the best place
to install such applications.

A disadvantage of installing packages into subdirectories of the
Applications/ directory is that if you update to a new version and
delete the older copy, you also delete the packages installed in
/Applications/Mathematica 4.2.app/AddOns.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                            http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul