(la)tex export as batch process?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41248] (la)tex export as batch process?
  • From: Hein Roehrig <hein at acm.org>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 04:00:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi *,

I would like to automate converting a notebook to (la)tex. However,
doing this in the background or as batch job fails because the TeXSave
function apparently requires a running frontend.

Is there any way to start a frontend and let it process a notebook
without any user interaction? I don't mind if it opens windows (an X
server will be available, Xvfb will do) but there should be no
interaction needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Hein