Re: Re: Quantum Algebra

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41291] Re: [mg41256] Re: Quantum Algebra
  • From: Cesar Guerra <guerra_cesar at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 04:20:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi MathGroup Before answering some questions I mention that I found and error in the documentation for ?Bra. Input aliases are bra, dbra, ubra, and dubra. Hintze Wolfgang, I run the tutorial for QuantumAlgebra in Mathematica 4.2. I didn't find any mistakes or error messages on chapters you pointed out. I didn't include any documentation to load to the help browser. Really, I don't know how to do that task. I would be grateful if you can give some references to look for, so I can do one for the next release... David Terr, it ist true that, when working with complex systems quantum mechanics can't offer a closed algebraic solutions for the physical cuantities you want to measure. However in some cases, one can postulate fairly simple models that have closed solutions such as the ones you mentioned, and many others such as the laser, although they avoid many features of nature. For example in the case of the hydrogen atom the standard quantum model don't offer an explanation of!
 s!
pontaneus decay if the electron is not in the ground state. Simple models are helpful but even in those cases closed solutions can be very difficult to find. I hope Quantum Algebra helps in some way. Thanks for answers... RegardsCesar.