RE: NonlinearFit and complex functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41308] RE: [mg41290] NonlinearFit and complex functions
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:11:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Michael,

If you have a list of data you might use either Chop[data] or Re[data].

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Michael Ignatov [mailto:mei3 at po.cwru.edu]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi everyone!
Hope that someone knows a workaround to this problem. I have a set of
experimental data. The analytical equation that I get returns a real and
imaginary parts. The imaginary part is very small and from point of view
is insignificant. I would like to fit my experimental data to the real
part of the model disregarding imaginary part. NonlinearFit doesn't seem
to work in such situation. At the best it returns "the model is not
real" which I already know. Is there a way to either modify my model or
make NonlinearFit discard imaginary part? Thank you all very much for
any suggestions.
Michael