Mathematica output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41352] Mathematica output
  • From: Maura Edelweiss Monville <memonvil at artsci.wustl.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 04:08:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm using Mathematica professional  running on an SGI / IRIX
Surprisingly the output does not show up.

All what I have to do is to interpolate a number of energy values and
them extrapolate the function value at 1

I tries by using InterpolatingPolinomial for a number of given points. I
can plot the resulting curve but the analytical expression for the
polynomial does not show up as well as no other output.
Is there some setting/option to use for getting the output printed out ?
I assume I can eveluate the interpolating function, say called
"fittedFunc" as follows:

fittedFunc/.x->1

Will this print out the value of the interpolating function at 1??

Thank you in advance for your attention and help .. I'm a just a
novice...

Maura