Re: Magic number 23

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41491] Re: Magic number 23
  • From: bobhanlon at aol.com (Bob Hanlon)
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 06:57:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To force evaluation of Sin[Pi/8] and similar values use FunctionExpand.

To see why some values are very time consuming look at
Sin[Pi/11]//FunctionExpand

FullSimplify is very slow when working with these large expressions.

Bob Hanlon

In article <bafq4t$6qk$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>