Results with exactly two digits behind decimal point?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41624] Results with exactly two digits behind decimal point?
  • From: khgbv at web.de (Kai Velten)
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 08:13:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a notebook where I want to have all numerical results in the
format

xxxxxx.yy

i.e. I want to have exactly two digits behind the decimal point.

Ideally, I would like to write one or two initializing commands at the
top of the notebook such that all following computational results are
displayed in the above format. E.g., I would like to have "142857.14"
as the result of "1000000/7", ideally without any need to issue any
extra commands such as N[1000000/7] or similar. I.e., I would like to
use Mathematica in this particular notebook like a pocket calculator
(but, of course, whithout any loss of the internal precision of the
calculations).

Thank you for your help.