Re: Mathematica Keyboard Input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41657] Re: Mathematica Keyboard Input
  • From: Olaf Rogalsky <Olaf.Rogalsky at physik.uni-erlangen.de>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 08:15:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Eustachius Hamamelis wrote:
> I am running Mathematica on a Linux (SuSe 8.2) machine. Several special
> keys (e.g. backspace and delete) do not work normal but cause a glyph
> resembling a small rectangle to be shown instead. Upon startup
Menu->Help->X Environment Information
You can change your keyboard your keyboard mapping with "xmodmap" or
"xkeycaps".

> mathematica complains about fonts not having been properly installed. I
> have not experienced problems of that kind with any other programme.
Your X server does not know about the mathematica fonts. Mathemtica
fonts are in "<installation>/<directory>/SystemFiles/Fonts/BDF" and
"<installation>/<directory>/SystemFiles/Fonts/Type1". Add this paths
to your "XF86Config", or manually add it with
"xset fp+ <installation>/<directory>/SystemFiles/Fonts/BDF"
"xset fp+ <installation>/<directory>/SystemFiles/Fonts/Type1"
or tell "xfs" to handle these font directories.

I Dr. Olaf Rogalsky                         Institut f. Theo. Physik I I
I Tel.: 09131 8528440                       Univ. Erlangen-Nuernberg   I
I Fax.: 09131 8528444                       Staudtstrasse 7 B3         I
I rogalsky at theorie1.physik.uni-erlangen.de  D-91058 Erlangen           I