Re:simple equation system -- crashing M5?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44282] Re:[mg44256] simple equation system -- crashing M5?
- From: Rolf Mertig <rolf at mertig.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 03:23:54 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: rolf at mertig.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
>Has anyone had such an experience?? Any ideas??
I do not know how to use the built-in Solve or related functions to solve
your system (though I am sure it is possible somehow).
However, one can just implement a modification (using Collect
and a modification of Factor for intermediate results) of the
"High-School-Algorithm" to solve this type of equations.
I have done this some time ago in Solve3.m of FeynCalc (since this type of
equations come up frequently in Feynman diagram and integrals calculations).
On a decent Linux machine Solve3 gets a
result in about 6 minutes. Using Simplify to get a shorter result takes
not more than 67 MB.
Since the result is somewhat longish (LeafCount is 176202) I put it here:
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Solving a matrix equation
Previous by thread:
Re: Fw: Integrate...
Next by thread:
Re: simple equation system -- crashing M5?