Mathematica 5 crashes
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44345] Mathematica 5 crashes
- From: Suvrit Sra <suvrit at cs.utexas.edu>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:02:07 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Computer Sciences, University of Texas
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, After I leave mathematica running (doing nothing, just sittin idle) on a solaris machine after a few hours, mathematica exists with a SIGSEGV and dumps core. Version: 5.0 with some sort of patch applied OS: Solaris Could it be a memory leak? I have had occasion to see Mathematica crash with a core dump while doing some window resizing etc... anybody else experienced troubles with mathematica 5.0 on unix? thanks suvrit.