Re: Antw: pdf-export

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44337] Re: Antw: pdf-export
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <luttrell at>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:01:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I find it frustrating that when I try to reproduce the effect of a Word
style sheet in Mathematica I am frustrated by certain limitations of what
can be done with Mathematica style sheets. Mathematica's typesetting model
(or whatever it's called) does not appear to be a superset of Word's
typesetting model. As an example, try doing multi-column typesetting in
Mathematica, where you rapidly find that you have to explicitly lay things
out in 2-column arrays of cells! That would be fine if it happened
automatically behind the scenes, but it doesn't!

Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:bo7pn7$ane$1 at