Re: Antw: pdf-export
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44337] Re: Antw: pdf-export
- From: "Steve Luttrell" <luttrell at _removemefirst_westmal.demon.co.uk>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:01:51 -0500 (EST)
- References: <BBC5445D.62E8%J.A.Solomon@city.ac.uk> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I find it frustrating that when I try to reproduce the effect of a Word style sheet in Mathematica I am frustrated by certain limitations of what can be done with Mathematica style sheets. Mathematica's typesetting model (or whatever it's called) does not appear to be a superset of Word's typesetting model. As an example, try doing multi-column typesetting in Mathematica, where you rapidly find that you have to explicitly lay things out in 2-column arrays of cells! That would be fine if it happened automatically behind the scenes, but it doesn't! -- Steve Luttrell West Malvern, UK "Joe Gwinn" <joegwinn at comcast.net> wrote in message news:bo7pn7$ane$1 at smc.vnet.net... >... > I do publish in pdf as well, but often it has to be from Word, and the report templates >are often provided only in Word. As much as I hate Word, I have to live with it, and have >gotten good at coercing it into line. It's a black art. >...