Re: autocorrelation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44381] Re: autocorrelation
  • From: Mariusz Jankowski<mjankowski at>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 05:16:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Mikael, use ListCorrelate, it is substantially faster. Specifically, if x is your image matrix the following will return all the autocorrelation coefficients assuming zero padding at the borders.

If you do not need all the coefficients, but only the first nr rows and nc columns, then use

>>> Mikael L<lassenmikael at> 11/3/2003 10:40:13 AM >>>

I have some tiff images where I have to make autocorrelation on. I have
tried it but I think that math. is very slow.

The images/matrix is 480x360 pixels.

I am using fourier transformation and inversfourier transformation to make
the autocorrelation.

Is there any body that has experience with this using mathematica?

best regards