Re: Defining function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44543] Re: Defining function
- From: Alain Cochard <al2 at noos.fr>
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:58:35 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Ravinder Kumar B." <ravi at crest.ernet.in> writes: > Dear All, > How to define a function over two different ranges in mathematica. > For example > > f(t):= Exp[-i*t] for t > 0 and > = 0 for t < 0 > > Your response/clarification will be deeply appreciated. > Regards, > Ravi > E.g.: f[t_]:=If[t>=0, Exp[-i t], 0] Look at the help for 'If'