Re: filled plot on part of x-interval

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44623] Re: [mg44599] filled plot on part of x-interval
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:41:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

That does NOT do what I asked, since it does not draw the function graph
outside the interval over which it's filled.

I did succeed in simply using a Show after creating two separate plots,
one of the plain graph over the entire, larger interval; the other just
the filled plot with PlotRange to restrict the interval over which the
fill is shown.

Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> Just use the PlotRange option.
> << Graphics`FilledPlot`
> FilledPlot[Sin[x], {x, 2, 10}, PlotRange -> {{0, 10}, Automatic}]
> On 17 Nov 2003, at 17:38, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>> How do I use a FilledPlot that fills the region under the graph of f[x]
>> only, say, for x from 2 to 10 but still graphs the function itself from
>> 0 to 10?

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305