is there a Linux-dyn version of mathlm?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44745] is there a Linux-dyn version of mathlm?
  • From: Timo Felbinger <Timo.Felbinger at>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:05:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

after upgrading our Linux workstations to kernel 2.4.22 and
libc-2.3.2, all Mathematica 4.2 binaries started to segfault.  This
is a known problem and could be solved by using the Linux-dyn
binaries instead of the statically linked ones.

Now I did the same upgrade on the network license server, and
- no surprise - get segfaults from mathlm. However, I cannot
find a Linux-dyn version of mathlm!

Is there a corresponding dynamically-linked version of mathlm
somewhere, or is there any other workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Timo Felbinger

Timo Felbinger                  <Timo.Felbinger at>
Quantum Physics Group
Institut fuer Physik            Tel: +49 331 977 1793      Fax: -1767
Universitaet Potsdam, Germany