Re: Calling Mathematica via MathLink multiple times

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44741] Re: Calling Mathematica via MathLink multiple times
  • From: Peter Meulbroek <PeterMeulbroek at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:05:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Julius:
I would put a stub program around your mathlink call (a listener), and
have that program act more-or-less as a daemon.  Then, have your caller
c code call the stub, rather than mathematica directly.  The stub gives
you persistence, and more control over sockets than mathlink (which is
also over sockets, of course).  You can use raw sockets to communicate
with the stub, or get fancy with RPC, whatever your druthers.

--Peter

p.s.:  you could even have a perl script as your daemon;  I seem to
remember some attempt to wrap mathlink for perl (like Math::Matica, or
something similar).  If that is not possible, we can swig it...