Re: here's one driving me mad!

hi,

the online help for "FindRoot" points to the Mathematica Book 1.5.7:

   solution=Solve[lhs == rhs,  x];
   x /. solution

(FindRoot works the same way, the result is given as a rule
that you have to apply to some expression.)

hope this helps ...

--
Exactly what do we mean when we say, man is mortal?
Obviously it's not a compliment. -- W. Allen