Mathematica stops unexcepted without error and clears variables

Hi,

I've a very strange problem with Mathematica 5 on Mac OS X. I've got a
calculation and sometimes Mathematica CAN process this calculation and
sometimes NOT (if demanded I can post the nb). In the case Mathematica
can't process it stops suddenly WITHOUT any error and flushs all
variables. Does anyone faced a similar problem?

Your help is greatly appreciated,
	Sebastian Pokutta