Plotting functions with undefined values
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43744] Plotting functions with undefined values
- From: "Ronaldo Prati" <rcprati at bol.com.br>
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 02:52:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello everybody I'm a new student using mathematica and I couldn't solve my problem by myself. I need to plot the function pos[m_] = (m + x -1)/(x+y-1), where 0<=pos<1, x and y are between 0 and 1 but x+y-1!=0. My problem is that I could not input this constrain. When plot the function using Plot3D, at the region where x+y = 1 several erros of infinith expression 1/0 encountred are given. I'm not interested in plotting the region where x+1 occurs, but the region where the function has a true value (the graphic appers, but with a straigh region where it is undef). How can i solve it?