Newbie: plot data from a text file?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg43817] Newbie: plot data from a text file?
  • From: McGee <chris at>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 02:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi all,

(I checked the manual and online help for this but I haven't found

I have some C code that generates ordered (x,y) pairs of data. I'd
like to be able to simply use Mathematica to plot this data. I don't
see any arguments to Plot[] that allow this, nor do I see an

 Am I missing something obvious? Or is Mathematica the wrong tool for
this . . .