- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43864] $CommandLine
- From: pdickof at scf.sk.ca (Peter Dickof)
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 01:54:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
According to the help file, "$CommandLine is a list of strings giving the elements of the original operating system command line with which Mathematica was invoked. " I have been unable to find the following: 1) What exactly do the individual strings mean? 2) What are the "elements" allowed for an operating system command? 3) How is it possible to use $CommandLine to pass in arbitrary strings? Can anyone point me to this information?