Classless and Cleaver and Free?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43906] Classless and Cleaver and Free?
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 03:06:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I can do this on October 9th :-)

What's the status on Mathematica and a production level OO class
implementation?  I'm using Dr. Maeder's classes from his _Computer Science
with Mathematica_ book.  I find them extremely useful for what I'm doing.
I also find them rather limitted and awkward to use.  We've discussed this
previously on this list.  I now understand much better why people were
suggesting to implement it as a package rather than messing with the 'core'
of the language (whatever that may be :-/).

I am more convinced than ever that a good class package would be useful.  Am
I alone in this?

STH