Classless and Cleaver and Free?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43906] Classless and Cleaver and Free?
- From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 03:06:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I can do this on October 9th :-) What's the status on Mathematica and a production level OO class implementation? I'm using Dr. Maeder's classes from his _Computer Science with Mathematica_ book. I find them extremely useful for what I'm doing. I also find them rather limitted and awkward to use. We've discussed this previously on this list. I now understand much better why people were suggesting to implement it as a package rather than messing with the 'core' of the language (whatever that may be :-/). I am more convinced than ever that a good class package would be useful. Am I alone in this? STH