Re: Run[] and Mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44080] Re: Run[] and Mathlink
  • From: "Christos Argyropoulos M.D." <argchris at>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:24:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

There is a way to compile C++/Fortran programs under Windows so the pop-up
window does not show up.
Use the Open Watcom Compiler v1.1, and select Window Executable Mode when
building the project (and do not call Windows API functions ...)
I have used the trick to compile NetLib (mainly fortran) software and call
them transparently both from the Windows CommandLine
and by "double-clicking". I/O should be ok (at least files are written to
and read from the hard disk).
Caveat: have not tested it with MathLink (I am using MathCode for C++ code
generation from and to mathematica, which does not support Watcom at least
Open Watcome full graphical IDE available (for free, donate if you find it
useful) at
Btw it is the only free system (besides the Cygwin tools) that combines both
C++/Fortran compilers, linkers, debuggers for Windows Platforms.

Christos Argyropoulos
Athens Greece