- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44223] Re: ProductLog[-Pi/2]
- From: "Christos Argyropoulos M.D." <argchris at otenet.gr>
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 03:34:06 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I made a comment yesterday about the ProductLog (actually Lambert's
function) and the fact that Mathematica does not simplify
ProductLog[Pi/2] to I Pi/2.
Similar simplification does happen with a few of the other special functions
i.e. Gamma[1/2] returns Sqrt[Pi] but other special
results are not known.
So my point is that the behaviour is indeed the expected one, when the
simplifications are not in the code arriving from the factory.
Prev by Date:
fractals in Mathematica
Next by Date:
RE: Offending 2D-Axes
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: