Re: Mac OS X Panther

I've convinced myself that the problem is nothing new to Panther or
Mathematica 5.0. I had been using a "haxie" named Silk
(http://www.unsanity.com) to enable Quartz text smoothing in Carbon
apps, and it no longer works in Panther. Supposedly an update of Silk
is forthcoming soon.

And with any luck a Cocoa version of the Mathematica front end will
happen in our lifetime. (?)

BTW, Panther is well worth the upgrade.

-----
Selwyn Hollis