Re: Mac OS X Panther

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44220] Re: [mg44201] Mac OS X Panther
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <sh2.7183 at>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 03:34:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I've convinced myself that the problem is nothing new to Panther or
Mathematica 5.0. I had been using a "haxie" named Silk
( to enable Quartz text smoothing in Carbon
apps, and it no longer works in Panther. Supposedly an update of Silk
is forthcoming soon.

And with any luck a Cocoa version of the Mathematica front end will
happen in our lifetime. (?)

BTW, Panther is well worth the upgrade.

Selwyn Hollis