Re: Offending 2D-Axes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44227] Re: [mg44207] Offending 2D-Axes
  • From: "Bruce W. Colletti" <bcolletti at compuserve.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 03:34:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David

Thanks for the reply.  I must clarify the too-terse original posting.

When 2D-plotted axes don't intersect at (0,0), let's leave the display
untouched EXCEPT for dashing the axis that's neither x=0 nor y=0 (the
"offending" axis).

Although this can be done for any specific plot, is there a general way to
auto-detect when the displayed origin isn't (0,0) and if so, dash the
offending axis (or axes)?  Perhaps a startup package that maintains
vigilence, or maybe creating a $Post statement?

Bruce