Defining a function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43417] Defining a function
  • From: "Stefan Wagenbrenner" <Stefan.Wagenbrenner at unibw-muenchen.de>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 04:36:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

first I should explain what I want to do: I implemented an algorithm to
calculate the jacobian symbol for polynomials. Till now I define two
polynomials and after that I start the algorithm. This gives the desired
result, but I`d like to have a function, say jacPol, which gets the 2
polynomials and returns the result. I tried to define a function with
jacPol[a_,b_]:= where a and b are polynomials, but this does not give the
desired result. I get an error message or jacPol is not evaluated at all.
So perhaps a experienced mathematica user could have a look at the notebook,
which can be found here:
http://www.rz.unibw-muenchen.de/~j0ws0775/

Thank you in advance
Stefan Wagenbrenner

Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
--  See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm  ----