FileBrowse command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43435] FileBrowse command
  • From: moseley at stars.gsfc.nasa.gov (Harvey M.)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:58:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have tried to use the FileBrowse command in Mathematica 5 on Mac OS
10.2.  I am presented with a browser dialog with a blank file name
entry box. If I enter a name in the dialog, the evaluation returns a
full path name for this new file name.  What I really wanted, and what
I expected from the documentation, was to be able to select a file in
the browser,and have it return the full path name of the selected
file.  Unfortunately, all file name are grayed out, and not available
for selection.  Any ideas or experience with this?

Harvey Moseley