Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43469] Plot3D
  • From: "Maurits Haverkort" <Haverkort at ph2.uni-koeln.de>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:00:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am new here, and have a question about how to make my plots look the way I
want. If any body knows the answer I would be glad.

If I plot a function in 3D I get a realistic projection of the x,y and z
axes. The following command will give me a box where the z-axe is almost
vertical up, the y axe comes a bit out of the paper and the x-axe comes a
lot out of the paper.

SphericalPlot3D[SphericalHarmonicY[1, -1, th, ph]
Conjugate[SphericalHarmonicY[1, -1, th,ph]],{th,0,\[Pi]},{ph,0,
      2\[Pi]},PlotPoints->30,
    PlotRange->{{-0.35,0.35},{-0.35,0.35},{-0.35,0.35}},Boxed->True,
    Axes->True,AxesLabel->{"x","y","z"},
    ViewPoint->{2.4,1.3,2}];

I am searching for an option where I can put the y and z axes in the paper
plane and make the x-axe come on an angle out of the paper. This will not
give me a realistic perspective, but it will leave the y-z plane
undistorted. Like the plots in mathemetic text books.

Hope I am clear. If anybody knows how to do so I would like to know.

Maurits Haverkort