Re: FileBrowse command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43491] Re: [mg43435] FileBrowse command
  • From: Michael Schreiber <michaelschreiber at mac.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:38:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Experimental`FileBrowse[]
might be useful for generating a file name string. On my mac
Mathematica 5 shows a Save dialog but does not save the current file
(checked that with Terminal), it just pastes a string featuring the
path for a file which might receive that name.

To do what you really want:
MENU
Input
- Get File Path

On Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003, at 13:58 Europe/Vienna, Harvey M. wrote:

> I have tried to use the FileBrowse command in Mathematica 5 on Mac OS
> 10.2.  I am presented with a browser dialog with a blank file name
> entry box. If I enter a name in the dialog, the evaluation returns a
> full path name for this new file name.  What I really wanted, and what
> I expected from the documentation, was to be able to select a file in
> the browser,and have it return the full path name of the selected
> file.  Unfortunately, all file name are grayed out, and not available
> for selection.  Any ideas or experience with this?
>
> Harvey Moseley

M F Schreiber
Heimscholleg 26 Wien, A1130 Austria Europe
Michael at Schreiber.at