smallest overhead picture format without compromising quality

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43519] smallest overhead picture format without compromising quality
  • From: sean kim <shawn_s_kim at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:40:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hello group.

please consider the following code.

output = NotebookCreate[Visible -> False];

... bunch of stuff then ...

NotebookWrite[output,
      Cell[GraphicsData["PostScript",
          DisplayString[
            GraphicsArray[{{pg0001, pg001, pg01}, { pg1, pg10,
pg100}}(*... whole bunch of other graphics array images...*),
              ImageSize -> 750]], "Graphics"]]]; $HistoryLength = 0;
    Share[], {it, 0, 40}];

I got the above code from the group archive, but my dell laptop with
1.7ghz cpu, 1 gig of ram running windows xp and Mathematica 4.0 is only able to
display maybe 20 graphics array at a time. after which it runs out of
memory and tells me to colse the cell.

is using "postScript' more taxing than others?  and what are some other
options here ? what will the default option in that code above?

thanks all for all comments

sean

=====
when riding a dead horse,  some dismount.

while others...

write memoirs on the subject of riding a dead horse.