Annotating Mathematica-generated postscript graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43545] Annotating Mathematica-generated postscript graphics
  • From: kc144 at woh.rr.com (Kevin Gross)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:42:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm looking for suggestions on how to annotate Mathematica-generated
postscript graphics with arrows, text, etc.  I'm rather picky, so
suggestions which consider the following restrictions would be most
helpful:

* I am not interested in converting such graphics to a bitmap format
for editing purposes

* I do not want to write Mathematica code to place the arrows and text for
me--this is too time-consuming for the many different plots I need to
annotate

* I have access to Canvas 9 and it should do the job, but I already
mentioned my troubles with it in another thread

* I do not have access (and as a Ph.D. student, can't afford) Adobe
Illustrator

* I use a Mac (but if there are relavent tools for the PC, suggesting
it might help someone else)

Thanks,

Kevin