Export outrage

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43579] Export outrage
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at misspelled.erthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 05:42:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've just found out that with version 5.0, Mathematica no longer will
export graphics in Adobe Illustrator format. So there is no way to
export a graphic in any directly editable form! (I could be wrong about
.wmf, but that doesn't work in the Mac version anyway.)

I'm having a very hard time imagining what WRI has to gain by this.

I hope we can get some kind of recommendation from WRI about how they
expect us to edit graphics into publishable form. Anyone?

-----
Selwyn Hollis
http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis