how does Decompose work?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43620] how does Decompose work?
  • From: "David Fass" <david_fass at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 04:02:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi.  I understand that Mathematica has "Decompose" function for polynomials.
Can anyone point me to some sources for the algorithm? Also, where might I
find some theorems related to polynomial decomposition (e.g., how many
decompositions are there for polynomials of various degrees, etc.).

Thanks very much for any help.

-- Dave