RE: exporting animations to powerpoint

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47258] RE: [mg47217] exporting animations to powerpoint
  • From: David.Annetts at csiro.au
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:03:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Dennis

> I am trying to export an animation created with Mathematica
> to Powerpoint.
> If I export it as an animated GIF file, and subsequently
> import this file
> into Powerpoint, I only see the first frame of the animation
> but not the
> animation itself during the slide show.

	<snippage>

> Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I get Mathematica animations to Powerpoint via bitmaps of each frame.  I
assemble the movie using the program pjBMP2AVI.  I typically access it
from Powerpoint using a hyperlink rather than direct import because I
have more control over the movie player -- Quicktime is sometimes more
useful than Media Player.

The sequence I use is essentially

Do[
	plt = Show[...];
	outfile = StringJoin[baseName, ToString[frameNumber], ".BMP"];
	Export[outfile, plt, "BMP", various graphics options],
	{jf, 1, numberOfFrames}
	];

Regards,

Dave.
  Dr. David Annetts
  EM Modelling Analyst
  CSIRO DEM            Tel: +612 9490 5416
  North Ryde           Fax: +612 9490 5467
  Australia         David.Annetts at csiro.au