Re: Adding hyperlinks to help browser files in function::usage

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47547] Re: Adding hyperlinks to help browser files in function::usage
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:41:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <c5j86n$r40$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 drbob at bigfoot.com (Bobby R. Treat) wrote:

> Your posted solution pastes as garbage into Mathematica, so could you
> show that to us in InputForm?

Strange -- it pastes fine for me (under Mac OS X). I just copied the
given inputs:

 MakeMyUsageMessage[symbol_, string_] := (symbol::usage =
   string <>
 " \!\(\*ButtonBox[\(More?\),ButtonStyle->\"AddOnsLink\",ButtonData:>\""
    <> ToString[symbol] <> "\"]\)")

and

 MakeMyUsageMessage[HexGraph,
  "HexGraph[cols, rows] creates a hexagonal lattice
   having cols 'columns' and rows 'rows'. Setting the option
   EqualColumnHeights->False indicates that only odd numbered columns
   should have the specified number of rows."];

into a new Notebook, executed them, and then typed

   ?HexGraph

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                            http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul